Collection and use of personal information
How we collect and use personal information on behalf of our Customers
Our Customers purchase subscriptions to our Platform in order to manage and improve their software development teams and products. In the course of providing these services, we receive and process personal information on behalf of our Customers as described below.
- Information required to provide the Platform: In order to provide the Platform to our Customers, we collect, use, and disclose personal information of individuals, including the employees of our Customers and the end users of our Customers’ software products. This information may include usage data (e.g. error reports) related to end users’ experiences with our Customers software products, and usage data associated with the use of our Platform by our Customers’ employees. We use this information to provide feedback and generate insights into the quality and performance of our Customers’ software products, as well as the efficiencies of our Customers’ software development teams.
- Support Services: We may collect certain information (such as name, company, email address and nature of the inquiry) when we provide user support services by phone, email or within the Platform
- Use of the Platform: We may monitor use of the Platform by our Customers’ employees or other authorized users in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor the performance, use and stability of the Platform and to improve our services.
How we collect and use personal information on our Website and in our other interactions
We collect and use personal information on our Website, and in our other interactions with you, as described below.
- Information required to create a Customer account: You do not have to register to visit or use our Website. However, we collect and use personal information in order to create an account that can be used to access and use the Platform. This information includes name, billing address and other business contact information (email addresses, phone numbers), payment card information, and a username and password that you create. We use this information to create and administer your account. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
- Providing trial subscriptions: If you request a trial subscription, we may collect your name and business contact information (including company email and phone number), and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate or provide you with your trial subscription.
- Sending marketing communications: If you sign-up to receive email marketing communications such as newsletters, we collect your email address as well as other information on an optional basis to help us tailor our communications to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
- Processing your application for employment: If you apply for a job with us, we may collect certain personal information about you (such as information that would be contained in a resume, cover letter, or other employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application.
- Conducting surveys: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated, de-identified form. We use this information to help us understand our users and to enhance our Website.
- Responding to your comments and concerns: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Website, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
Sharing of personal information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Platform and Website, providing payment processing services, and providing marketing and email services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Railtown AI Technologies Inc. or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Information about our website
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- You can also obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ data privacy and security at the following links:
Partner Sites and Google Support
Safeguards and Retention
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.Within thirty(30) calendar days following termination, Railtown will, at Customer’s option, return to Customer or delete or otherwise render inaccessible any Customer Data that remains in the hardware or systems used by Railtown to provide the Railtown AI Platform. Please submit data deletions requests to email@example.com.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
Access to information
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a Customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant Customer. We will assist our Customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
Marwan Haddad, Chief Technology Officer