Who are we?
Railtown AI Technologies Inc. is a fast-growing innovative technology company committed to developing and using technology to increase developer velocity in the software industry. Leveraging our expertise in software development and AI / machine learning, we are building an AI cloud service that integrates your ticket tracking system (Github, Jira, Azure), CI/CD process and application logs to detect, analyze, and fix application errors quickly and efficiently. At Railtown AI, we value innovation, teamwork, ownership and leadership, and provide you with a fun, dynamic, and rewarding work experience to realize your potential.
About the role
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will work with our growing AI team in developing AI and machine learning (ML) solutions for problems in the software development domain. This position will provide a mix of research and engineering problems as you will be involved in the development of the end-to-end machine learning pipeline, ranging from data ingestion, wrangling, model development, to cloud deployment.This position will provide you the opportunity to develop and roll out innovative products using modern data science practice with both classical andstate-of-the-art AI and ML models. As a fast-growing start-up, we cultivate an environment that will help you meet your full potential. You’ll be encouraged to seize on challenges, learn from our interdisciplinary teams, and grow.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and willing to dive deep to find creative solutions.
- Have a passion for developing new and innovative solutions with AI, machine learning, and statistical approaches.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and love to work in a fast-growing start-up environment, where you will meet like-minded people and celebrate successes.
What you’ll do here:
- Brainstorm, design and develop the company’s AI initiatives and roadmaps
- Formulate the business problem into AI and Machine Learning tasks
- Working with different types of data including computer logs, errors, natural languages, and more
- Extract, transform, load structured and unstructured text data
- Perform AI and machine learning experiments methodically, and conduct data and error analysis to improve models
- Document findings, approaches and present the results to the team
- Optimize algorithms and prototypical solutions, such as hyperparameter search, model fine-tuning, etc.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement (build, test and deploy) the ML models
- Create unit, integration, end-to-end, and/or performance tests.
- Keep current with technology and industry developments and be on the lookout for new approaches and opportunities to integrate them into the existing solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or related quantitative discipline.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and act as thought leaders to design creative solutions.
- Experience in ML/AI solution architecture is an asset.
- Strong track records in building MLOps and productionizing ML/AI solutions in Azure cloud (or AWS). Familiarity with ML flow is a plus.
- Experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or statistical analysis. Knowledge of NLP approaches is an asset.
- Strong experience in Python and knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with modern machine learning packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, seaborn, Scrapy, scikit-learn, etc. Experience with Deep Learning packages such as Pytorch or TensorFlow is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining(CRISP-DM) or similar data-science lifecycle.
- Experience building custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining ML systems built with open-source tools.
- Experience developing with containers and Kubernetes in cloudcomputing environments.
- Basic knowledge of agile software development (e.g. versioncontrol, kanban processes, and cloud deployment).
- Team player. Comfort working in a dynamic group with open problems to solve.